This couple loves the outdoors, so a golf course wedding was perfect for them. They chose Western Lakes Golf Course in Pewaukee for their big day and came in just under $24,000. The best part is, just looking at these photos you can tell this wedding was a blast – please, invite us next time!
We were excited to hear they found some of their vendors from MarriedInMilwaukee.com and our events. This included Petals Floral Design for their amazing flowers and ACA Entertainment for their guitarist and DJ.
- Number of Guests: 185
- Ceremony/Reception: Western Lakes Golf Club
- Total Costs: $23,870
Wedding Essentials ($5,046):
- Invitations/Stationery: $505 (design was DIY; included save the dates, invites and thank you’s)
- Cake: $250
- Photographer/Videographer: $3,400
- Flowers: $891 (included: 9 bouquets, 3 corsages, 12 boutonnieres, 21 table centerpieces)
Reception and Ceremony Costs ($12,235):
- Venue: $500 (deposit)
- Drinks: $2,950
- Food: $6,905
- DJ: $750
- Ceremony Guitarist: $300
- Rentals: $830 (included: linens, archway, sound system)
- Officiant: $0 (gift from a friend)
Attire, Jewelry and Beauty ($2,580):
- Dress: $780 (includes: dress, alterations and veil)
- Bride’s Shoes: $20
- Groom’s Attire: $0 (free with groomsmen’s rentals)
- Rings: $1,550 (includes wedding bands, but not engagement ring)
- Hair and Make-up: $230
Other Costs ($4,009):
- Rehearsal Dinner: $425
- Wedding Party Gifts: $1,000 (guys knives, girls outfits)
- Groom’s Gift: $625 (gift from the bride)
- Hotel Suite $634 (2 rooms, 4 nights)
- Transportation: $0 (shuttle buses – family gift)
- Decorations: $925
- Wedding Favors: $400 (placement cards and koozies)
Honeymoon ($3,000 – Not Included In Total):
- Santorini Greece: $3,000 (gift)
A Note from the Bride and Groom
We asked the bride and groom to tell us about their planning and budgeting process, and this is what they had to say:
We are simple people with expensive hobbies! We’ve been together for 9 years so this was a celebration of our relationship and the future to come.
We’re also both creative and handy so it was an opportunity to DIY and save for other things. We really wanted to focus on having a party with friends, but ultimately the honeymoon and buying a home after.
There are many venue options in Milwaukee, but we’re more outdoor type people and the setting of a golf course was something we were both interested in. We found Western Lakes that came with Saz’s catering that made choices very simple and delicious.
I (the bride) really wanted to invest in photography and videography-being those would be the best reflection of our day for the future. We lucked out that a friend volunteered to officiate the day.
I had found our florist using Married in Milwaukee, and Carrie (from Petals Floral Design) did such an amazing job, she really helped me picture the entire event and we were so pleased.
Ultimately the staff at Western Lakes made the entire day so smooth with their wedding planner, set up, and delicious food and great service. We can’t say enough great things about the entire day and wish the same success for other couples.
– The Bride and Groom
A BIG thanks to the bride and groom for sharing their awesome Western Lakes Golf Course wedding and to Luv Films for the photos!
If you’re currently working on your wedding budget, make sure to read through our previous articles featuring real Milwaukee wedding cost breakdowns.