Jump to Comments Policy
The privacy of our visitors to MarriedInMilwaukee.com is important to us.
At MarriedInMilwaukee.com, we recognize that privacy of your personal information is important. Here is information on what types of personal information we receive and collect when you use and visit MarriedInMilwaukee.com, and how we safeguard your information. We never sell your personal information to third parties.
As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files includes, but isn’t limited to,your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider), the browser you used to visit our site, the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
We also use third party advertisements on MarriedInMilwaukee.com. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showingMilwaukeeads to someone inMilwaukee, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing car ads to someone who frequents car sites).
Interest Based Advertising
We also may use DART cookies for ad serving through Google’s DoubleClick, which places a cookie on your computer when you are browsing the web and visit a site using DoubleClick advertising (including some Google AdSense advertisements). This cookie is used to serve ads specific to you and your interests (”interest based targeting”). The ads served will be targeted based on your previous browsing history (For example, if you have been viewing sites about visiting Milwaukee, you may see Milwaukee hotel advertisements when viewing a non-related site, such as on a site about business writing). DART uses “non personally identifiable information”. It does NOT track personal information about you, such as your name, email address, physical address, telephone number, social security numbers, bank account numbers or credit card numbers. You can opt-out of this ad serving on all sites using this advertising by visiting http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html
We encourage readers to post comments to our site and feel it can add to MarriedInMilwaukee.com’s usefulness to Milwaukee couples researching their weddings. However, we don’t encourage rude, negative, off-topic, spam or attacking comments. In general, here’s a few things to remember about the comments posted on MarriedInMilwaukee.com:
- Represent The Commenters’ Opinion – Comments posted don’t necessarily reflect the view of MarriedInMilwaukee.com’s ownership and MarriedInMilwaukee.com doesn’t check the accuracy of the statements made.
- Contact Information – Comments require you enter your name and email. Please enter your real email, not a fake (don’t worry, your email address won’t be shared) We also encourage you to use your real name.
- Be Truthful – Don’t post things that are untrue or that you aren’t sure of.
- Be Respectful – Personal attacks and aggressive behavior in comments are prohibited and will be deleted.
- Avoid Negativity – In general, negativity doesn’t add much. Please try and avoid negative comments or statements.
- Be On-Topic – This is a site to help couples research their Milwaukee weddings – keep that in mind when posting a comment.
- Don’t Spam – We hate it and are sure most of our readers do too. Our comment links aren’t followed by Google or other search engines, so posting for that purpose won’t get you much.
- Self Promotion – If you’re a wedding vendor and post a comment to specifically promote your business, it probably won’t get through. Feel free to contact us to learn how we can help connect your business with brides.
We reserve the right to remove or deny comments for any reason, although a comment will most-likely be removed/denied for violation of the policy listed above. Have fun help each other out by providing useful, respectful comments and make the web a much better place for us all!