Instagram and weddings go together like Milwaukee and beer – you just can’t keep them apart (nor would you want to!). For this article, we jumped on the @MarriedInMKE Instagram account and pulled out our most popular photos from the last year.
Now #MKECouples take note – if you’re looking for your wedding photographer this a great place to start. Most of these photos are from the Married In Milwaukee Family of wedding photographers. We also linked to their Instagram and websites, so feel free to reach out!
1. The “V” at the H-D Museum – @mariacampbellphotography
Just hanging out at the Harley-Davidson Musuem. Fun fact: the “V” beams you see all over their campus are meant to resemble the V Twin motors in their motorcycles. Photo by Maria Campbell Photography.
2. Blurry on the Beach – @roostmke
Hey, remember that time we all hung on the beach and got some amazingly cool wedding photos? Photo by Roost Photography.
3. Hello Milwaukee – @brianslawsonphotography
We kinda love this sign, which is located on the wall of Finks. We also kinda love wedding and engagement photos by it! Photo by Brian Slawson Photography.
4. Skyline Squeeze – @414photography
Yeah, there’s nothing more romantic than looking at the Milwaukee skyline and squeezing your bae. Photo by 414 Photography.
5. Who Said Rain is a Bad Thing? – @happygnome77
Whoever said rain on your wedding day is a bad thing was wrong!! At least you can get amazing photos like this one from Happy Gnome Photography.
6. Historic Kiss – @reminisce_miradam
If you’re looking for some amazing history, make a stop at the Milwaukee County Historical Society and prepare to be amazed! Photo by Reminisce Photography.
7. Walk to the Market – @mcnielphoto
It’s our wedding day and we are just talking a walk through the beautiful Third Ward. Photo by McNiel Photography.
8. Coffee at Colectivo! – @lottie.lillian
Much of our work on this very website takes place at Colectivos all over the city, so kudos to those of you who take your engagement photos there! Photo by Lottie Lillian Photography.
9. On the Breakwater – @thepaperelephant
So, did you know Lake Michigan has these cool breakwaters that make for some awesome Instagramable engagement photos? Well, now you do! Photo by The Paper Elephant.
10. #MKELove – @amariephotos
There’s nothing like a little #MKELove in your wedding photos. It’s no wonder why Instagram loves photos like this taken at the Milwaukee County Historical Society by Amarie Photography.
11. Selena Mural on 5th Street – @roostmke
12. That Skyline Tho – ge.creative
Seriously, #MKECouples, Milwaukee has an amazing skyline and you should absolutely take a wedding photo by it. Photo by GE Creative.
13. In The Vault – @tresjolie.photography
One of the most Instagram-friendly spots in town – the vaults at the Milwaukee County Historical Society. Photo by Tres Jolie Photography.
14. Walker’s Point Wall – @janvierephoto
Oh Walker’s Point we love you so – amazing restaurants, fun bars and awesome wedding photo opps. Photos by Janviere Photography.
15. Happy Engagement – @amariephotos
Love this couple and so did Instagram! Probably because they’re sooooo happy. Photo by Amarie Photography.
16. Perfect Kiss/Prefect City – @mcnielphoto
There’s something to be said about the perfect kiss, at the perfect time with the perfect backdrop. Photo by McNiel Photography.
17. Lock Up Your Daughters – @bh_photo_
18. Instagram Apples – @lottie.lillian
Wow, if you love fall in Wisconsin then this is the engagement shot you need. Photo by Lottie Lillian Photography.
19. Milwaukee’s Amazing Alleys – @mkujphoto
One of the great things about Downtown Milwaukee is it’s abundance of alleys – whether you’re taking a break from the action or taking wedding photos they work amazing well. Photo by Michelle Kujawski Photography.
20. Lakefront Pier Bliss – @roostmke
Just looking at this shot makes us feel blissful. Photo by Roost Photography.
21. Sharp Dressed Men – @twinlensweddings
Love these suits and so do our Instagram followers! Photo by Twin Lens Weddings.
22. Surprise Engagement at the MAM – @414photography
Hey, if you’re gonna to a surprise proposal, why not do it at the Milwaukee Art Musuem?!? Photo by 414 Photography.
23. Beautiful Couple + Beautiful Flowers – @autumnsilvaphotography
24. Love these Dresses! – @mkujphoto
Okay, there’s just something about photos of a bride and their bridesmaids – then add in these gorgeous dresses and you can see why Instagram loved this one. Photo by Michelle Kujawski Photography.
25. The Sneak Away Shot – @happygnome77
When your photographer wants to sneak you away from the reception, do it! If you’re lucky, you’ll get an amazing shot like this one from Happy Gnome Photography.
26. Rooftop at the Kimpton – @lottie.lillian
You gotta love the Kimpton Hotel’s rooftop – and getting a few wedding photos up there is a must! Photo by Lottie Lillian Photography.
27. Flower Wall – @autumnsilvaphotography
28. Riverside Theater Engagement – @christacdesign
We are kinda loving this engagement shot at the Riverside Theater! Photo by ChristaCdesign.
29. In The Windows – @aliza_rae
This one was taken at Milwaukee’s Church In The City – we love it and so does Instagram! Photo by Aliza Rae Photography.
30. Through the Tunnel – @roostmke
These tunnel shots at Hubbard Park Lodge are always favorites of ours. Photo by Roost Photography.