This couple wanted a wedding as non-traditional as they are, and The Cooperage delivered! For $30,000 they had a awesome wedding for 110 of their friends and family that included a live band and open bar. Sounds like our type of wedding!
Married In Milwaukee Family Used
This couple used several MIM Family which we always love to see!! Here are the MIM Family Members involved in this wedding at The Cooperage:
Quick Facts – The Cooperage Wedding:
- Guests: 110
- Ceremony/Reception: The Cooperage
- Total Costs: $30,731
Wedding Essentials ($5,180):
- Invitations/Stationery: $200
- Cake: $50 (2 tier marble cake just for cutting)
- Cupcakes: $250 (150 cupcakes – got a deal from a friend)
- Photographer: $1,880
- Wedding Planner: $1,000 (day of coordination)
- Flowers: $1,800 (included: 1 bridal, 1 maid of honor, 1 flower girl, 6 boutonniere, and all flowers and glass hurricanes for ceremony that lined the aisle at the the “altar” as well as all table center piece arrangements for 10 long tables and geometric vases with succulents for cocktail hour lining bar and reception tables)
Reception and Ceremony Costs ($18,146):
- Ceremony/Reception/Food: $11,576
- Drinks: $3,500 (open bar all night)
- Officiant: $0 (bride’s brother)
- Band: $2,000
- Caricature Artists: $1,070 (included 2 artists for 3 hours)
Attire, Jewelry and Beauty ($5,405):
- Bride’s Dress: $1,300
- Groom’s Attire: $1,000 (custom suit and shoes)
- Brides’ Shoes: $105
- Hair/Makeup: $0 (gifted)
- Rings: $3,000
Other Costs ($2,000):
- Hotel Suite: $200 (AIRBNB above The Cooperage)
- Rehearsal Dinner: $1,800
Honeymoon ($5,000 – Not Included in Total):
- Honeymoon: $5,000 (Trip to Portugal)
A Note From The Couple
We asked the couple to tell us about their planning and budgeting process, and this is what they had to say:
Matt and I got engaged in of April 2018 in Dublin, Ireland and were married on October 13th, 2018. We had a very short engagement and didn’t want to wait until 2019 to get married. We literally started planning our wedding while in Dublin.
We were so lucky to be able to book The Cooperage! It fit our personalities to a “T.” Matt and I are not a “traditional” couple, and having been to so many weddings, we really dislike everything about “traditional” weddings. We wanted our wedding to absolutely reflect that. No passed hors d’vors, family style seating with no assigned seating so people can mingle and meet new people.
The Live Music:
Our favorite music streaming from Spotify during cocktail hour. Most importantly we knew we wanted a live band. One of our favorite things to do as a couple is go see live music and it only seemed natural to hire an amazing band. We were lucky to enough to know someone in CLOVE and loved their cover band! They rock!
We also knew we wanted to do something fun during the reception that people could take with them that wasn’t a photobooth picture. Matt and I have had several caricatures drawn of us over the years, and when we found Cara online, we knew this was the something extra we needed to have. All the guests absolutely LOVED it. It was something different that neither of us had seen at a wedding before, so we loved that.
All in all, we planned the perfect day that reflected both of our personalities. It was everything I could have dreamed of and more. You know you throw a good party when friends and family text you months later reminiscing about your wedding and how much fun it was. 🙂
– The Bride and Groom
If you’re currently working on your wedding budget, make sure to read through our previous articles featuring real Milwaukee wedding cost breakdowns.