This couples’ most important priorities for their wedding was to have all their friends & family there and throw a great, memorable party. We think they did an fantastic job with some amazing vendors at their stunning Turner Hall Ballroom wedding!
For just under $54,000, this couples’ Turner Hall wedding hosted 188 guests at a unique & historic venue with delicious food, a dance floor rocking DJ, a top Milwaukee wedding planner, and beautiful photos to document these memories! Read on for this Turner Hall Ballroom wedding cost breakdown.
Married In Milwaukee Family Used:
We were excited to see that this couple used several Married In Milwaukee Family Members!! Here are the MIM Family Members involved in this Turner Hall Ballroom wedding:
- Photos: Roost Photography
- Planner: Heather Farr Events
- Venue: Turner Hall Ballroom
- Caterer: Chef Jack’s
- DJ: Milwaukee Airwaves
- Dress: Strike Bridal Bar
Quick Facts – Turner Hall Wedding:
- Guests: 188
- Ceremony/Reception: Turner Hall Ballroom
- Total Costs: $53,683
Wedding Essentials ($15,652):
- Wedding Planner: $4,802 (Heather Farr Events)
- Invitations/Stationery: $484
- Photographer: $4,642 (Roost Photography)
- Videographer: $2,048
- Donuts: $146
- Popsicles: $530 (late night snack)
- Flowers: $3,000 (included: ceremony flowers, boutineers, corsages, bouquets, centerpiece flowers, set up and tear down.)
Reception and Ceremony Costs ($31,911):
- Venue/Ceremony: $5,350 (Turner Hall – includes extra hours and room flip fee)
- Drinks: $8,033 (includes 5 hours open bar and taxes)
- Catering: $15,283 (Chef Jack’s)
- Officiant: $0 (friend of couple)
- String Lights: $500
- DJ: $2,745 (Milwaukee Airwaves)
Attire, Jewelry and Beauty ($3,608):
- Bride’s Dress: $2,511 (Strike Bridal Bar – includes alterations)
- Bride’s Shoes: $77
- Groom’s Attire: $384
- Hair: $330 (includes trial expense and tip)
- Makeup: $306 (includes trial expense and tip)
Other Costs ($2,511):
- Childcare: $200 (babysitter for the couples’ son)
- Hotel Suite: $380
- Rehearsal Dinner: $1,331
- Wedding Party Gifts: $600
Honeymoon ($4,473 – Not Included in Total):
- Honeymoon in Jamaica: $4,473
A Note From The Couple
We asked the couple to tell us about their planning and budgeting process, and this is what they had to say:
The most important things to us were having our friends and family with us and throwing a great party. Non-negotiables for us were the quality of caterer/food (Chef Jack’s), a plated dinner service, an open bar and a large enough venue (Turner Hall Ballroom) we could do the ceremony and reception all in one.
I originally only wanted to spend $35,000 on a wedding, not really knowing anything about what weddings actually cost. I quickly learned that for everything we wanted, we were going to have to grow our budget if we wanted all of our friends and family in attendance.
The Deserts and Invites:
We saved money on dessert with donuts from the grocery store and our late night snack option was Pete’s Pops. We knew the owners of The Paperie in Cedarburg and they gave us their friends and family discount as a gift.
I also knew the florist, who has retired, but does a few weddings on the side each year. She was able to stay within my budget if I was flexible, specific flowers are not easy to come by in today’s market.
I wouldn’t have changed anything, we wish we could do it all over again, the night was perfect but it went way too fast!
– The Happy Couple
A BIG thanks to the couple for sharing the Cost Breakdown of their awesome Turner Hall Ballroom wedding wedding and to Roost Photography for the amazing photos!
If you’re currently working on your wedding budget, make sure to read through our previous Cost Breakdown articles featuring real Milwaukee wedding cost breakdowns.