Note: In December 2014 the Lowlands Group sold Trocadero, which is still in operation under different ownership. Please check our Rehearsal Dinner Restaurants page for more listings.
At some point, the majority of Milwaukeeans have been to a Lowlands Group restaurant. Whether it be the bike enthusiast partial to Cafe Hollander on Downer, to the Bay View mainstay of Cafe Centraal, or one of Milwaukee’s top rooftops at Benelux, there is a space for you.
With so many locations to choose from, they are the perfect group of restaurants to consider for your rehearsal dinner or even a unique wedding reception spot.
The Lowlands Advantage
1. The Locations – With a total of 5 locations – Cafe Hollander Tosa, Cafe Hollander Milwaukee (Downer Ave.), Trocadero, Cafe Centraal and Cafe Benelux – availability can be easier to find on the date of your wedding rehearsal.
2. The History – The Lowlands Group are known for creating amazing spaces in Milwaukee, but they also pride themselves in paying homage to the historic relationship of the space. Their spaces are perfect for couples wanting to showcase Milwaukee’s past but with a huge emphasis on the awesome future that lies ahead for our great city.
3. The Food – Each one of the Lowlands Group of restaurants have delicious menus that according the Kristin Godfrey, Director of Marketing, use the most variety of vegetables than any other restaurant in Milwaukee. Their salads are among some of my favorite in town.
4. The Memories – Many couples who choose the Lowlands Group restaurants for their wedding rehearsal or reception do so because they have fond memories of the location and space. Some couples have even gotten engaged at one of their locations.
5. The Bier – All of the restaurants have extensive bier lists, specializing in Belgian biers. But don’t let that fool you, their wine list is fantastic and their Bloody Marys have received national acclaim and pair perfectly with their bier list.
Trocadero Rehearsal Dinners
Trocadero has been a mainstay in Milwaukee, introducing one of the first Gastropubs to the city. Many people who choose this location for their rehearsal dinner are drawn to the outdoor garden patio.
With the assistance of heat lamps and semi-covered spaces, their patio can be used when our Wisconsin weather doesn’t quite cooperate. Their capacity is 54 for semi-private and 40 for a completely private party.
Cafe Centraal Rehearsal Dinners
Cafe Centraal is one of the few spots in the heart of Bay View that can host a rehearsal dinner. Their “Red Room” can hold 40 people comfortably.
Open the Red Room’s garage door to tap into the energy of the expansive patio. Many choose Cafe Centraal to showcase their love of Bay View to their guests.
Cafe Hollander Rehearsal Dinners
Milwaukee Location – Cafe Hollander on Downer Avenue is a great spot for small intimate rehearsal dinners. Located on the second floor, the space seats 25-30 people. It’s perfect for the couple that wants privacy but still wants to be connected to the excitement of the restaurant. Peering through the ornate hole in the floor to the first level is strongly encouraged!
Wauwatosa Location – Cafe Hollander in the Village of Wauwatosa has an upstairs that is used frequently for rehearsal dinners. It is a great option if your ceremony is closer to the west side of town. The decor is very historic with wood floors and ceilings and has a great kids menu if you happen to have little ones attending your dinner.
The entire upstairs is available and seats about 130. With a venue this size, some people have also used it as a unique wedding ceremony location.
Cafe Benelux Rehearsal Dinners
Cafe Benelux has one of the best rooftop dining spots in Milwaukee. Because it is a very popular spot for happy hour and dining throughout the week, their hours are limited when hosting a private event.
However, if you love the rooftop, accommodations have been made for groups after 9pm. While this may be a bit late for a dinner, some couples have been known to have a cocktail event with appetizers under the downtown Milwaukee night sky.
Benelux stays open until bar time so some couples have used the rooftop as an extra special night cap after your wedding venue closes at midnight. The rooftop capacity is 120, but they also have space inside to accommodate additional people.
For more info on using the Lowlands Group to host your rehearsal, check out their website’s event page. www.lowlandsgroup.com
Enter Our Giveaway – Get Schooled at Bierklasse!
Sorry, this contest has ended.
The Lowlands Group’s Bierklasse will walk you through the flavors and stories of Belgian bier. You’ll get to sample multiple biers while a knowledgeable bier enthusiast gives you all the facts you need to impress your friends.
Want to check out a Bierklasse for free? Then just comment on this article below, or comment/share our Facebook post or retweet our Twitter post. We’ll randomly select a winner and let them know by November 8th, 2013.