We love Milwaukee and we love our friends. So it’s especially exciting when two of our good friends decided to wed in our awesome city! Lisa and Chris used the Scottish Rite Center for both their ceremony and reception. They also used several of our favorite vendors, including JBe Photography, Petals Floral Design and Derek Mosley.
This wedding came in at just over $36,000 (not including their honeymoon). The couple’s main objectives were to throw an awesome party for their friends and family, and get a spectacular photographer to capture their big day. Having attended the wedding and seen their photos, we can say they did a great job at both 🙂
Comparing Wedding Costs
Remember that not all weddings are created equal, so be aware of this when comparing their costs. For example, this couple had 237 guests at their wedding, which brought up their total cost.
- Number of Guests: 237
- Ceremony and Reception: Humphrey Scottish Rite Masonic Center
- Total Costs: $36,662
Wedding Essentials ($7,889):
- Invitations:$1,291 (Included: invites and reply cards; save the dates; postage )
- Wedding Cake: $0 (Offered a dessert table in place of a cake)
- Desserts: $717 (Included: desserts, chocolates and groom’s cake)
- Wedding Photographer: $5,299
- Flowers: $592 (Included: bride and bridesmaids’ bouquets, groomsmen boutonnieres, flowers for flower girl ceremony decorations and taxes )
Reception and Ceremony Costs ($20,606):
- Reception/Ceremony Facility Fee: $3,200
- Food/Drinks: $15,781 (Included: plated meal, passed appetizers, cocktail hour with open bar, free beer all night, Irish whiskey and Baileys for toasts)
- DJ: $1,175
- Officiant: $250
- Bag Piper: $200 (played during the ceremony)
Attire, Jewelry and Beauty ($3,742):
- Dress: $500
- Groom’s Attire: $352
- Bride’s Shoes $70
- Rings: $2,713
- Hair and Make-up: $107
- Limo Bus: $500
Other Costs ($3,925):
- Rehearsal Dinner: $1,400
- Wedding Party Gifts: $1,502
- Favors: $632 (chocolates)
- Hotel Suite: $250
- Other Costs: $141 (Jersey for guest book)
Honeymoon ($3,700 – Not Included in Total)
- Hawaii Trip: $3,700
A Note from the Bride and Groom
We asked the bride and groom to tell us about their planning and budgeting process, and this is what they had to say:
In the beginning of planning our wedding we decided that we were not going to be spending money on video. So it was imperative for us to find a photographer that could capture the day perfectly for us.
These photographs would be what we would always look at when we thought about that day. So we did not have a set amount of money in place for this portion of the budget when we started, but we knew that we were going to spend more to have the just the perfect photographer for us.
It was also important to us to have a great big party with all of our family and friends. We wanted them to enjoy the day as much as we were going to.
– Lisa and Chris, Married August 2013
A BIG thanks to the bride and groom, Lisa and Chris for sharing their very cool Scottish Rite Masonic Center wedding and to JBe Photography for the photos!
If you’re currently working on your wedding budget, make sure to read through our previous articles featuring real Milwaukee wedding cost breakdowns.