Milwaukee has tons of awesome wedding venues and they just keep coming! To help our #MKEBrides and #MKEGrooms navigate, we put together this article listing the hottest new venues for 2015.
For each of the new venues listed below we pulled in Members of the Married In Milwaukee Family to do a photo shoot. Click through to read more about each wedding venue and see the awesome photos and videos. Enjoy!
1. The Garden – View Article
The Garden (727 N. Milwaukee Street) is a brand new space by the SURG Restaurant Group. Located right in the middle of the busy Milwaukee Street entertainment district, The Garden’s decor is the most unique we’ve seen in a wedding venue.
Perfect for weddings with 160 guests or less, The Garden also can expand into the attached Lucid Light Lounge for a capacity of 450. This option, however, would require a buyout of the whole space which can get pricey for a Saturday night. Read more about The Garden.
Benefits of The Garden:
1. Not a Typical Venue – If you’re looking for different, The Garden will deliver. The color-changing lights and the decor set it apart from other venues and your guests will be stunned.
2. The Location – Right in the heart of Milwaukee Street, you and your guests have several pre and post party options as well as multiple hotels within walking distance. You can even set up rehearsal dinners and day-after brunches with other SURG properties.
3. The Food – Customized catering by SURG chefs means you can bring in aspects of your favorite SURG restaurants to your wedding.
2. Rustic Manor 1848 – View Article
Rustic Manor 1848 (Hwy 83 in Delafield, Wisconsin) is a labor of love. A barn venue that’s been built for weddings, it features all the modern amenities without losing the charm of a barn venue.
They seriously thought of everything here – the barn can host up to 300 guests. The outdoor areas are even more expansive, with several locations for ceremonies, photos, games and more. Read more about Rustic Manor 1848.
Benefits of Rustic Manor 1848:
1. Brand New, Rustic and Beautiful – You’ll be amazed when you walk in. This barn venue was built from the ground up with weddings in mind.
2. Outdoor Space Galore – Rustic Manor 1848’s location is prime if you love the outdoors. Set on just under 12 acres of wooded trails and meadows, there’s plenty of room for your ceremony, games and an outdoor party.
3. Barn Venue with Modern Amenities – Since Rustic Manor was recently built, it boasts modern amenities you won’t find in many barns. Climate controlled, a custom bar , bride/grooms quarters and modern restrooms make them stand out.
3. The (new) Box Milwaukee – View Article
We included The Box (311 E. Wisconsin Avenue) in our previous Top Alternative Venues article, but since then they’ve moved. Their new location is at street-level right on Wisconsin Avenue, which we love.
Their prime location boasts restaurants, clubs and hotels within walking distance. Inside The Box, which has a capacity of up to 200, we love the cream city brick and the other stylish accents the space offers. Read more about The Box.
Benefits of The Box:
1. Location in the Heart of Downtown – We love that The Box is on street-level on East Wisconsin Ave. It brings energy to the space and will do the same for your event. Plus, your guest can stay at one of the hotels within walking distance.
2. Blank Canvas – You can really work to make The Box your own. Its decor is minimal, but they made sure to include cool things like hardwood floors and awesome lighting fixtures. You or your planner get the benefit of figuring out the rest.
3. Vendor Flexibility – If you’re looking for the flexibility to bring in your own caterer, rentals, etc. then The Box would be a great choice.
4. Onesto – View Article
Onesto (221 North Broadway) has been around for a few months, but it’s still new to the Milwaukee venues scene. We love its amazing Third Ward location and cool NYC loft feel.
For a sit-down dinner, Onesto works great for up to 75 guests. If you’re doing a cocktail reception, 150 guests could fit comfortably. Read more about Onesto.
Benefits of Onesto:
1. Location in the Third Ward – Onesto is located in the heart of the Third Ward. There are photo opportunities galore in this walkable-neighborhood, as well as a variety of restaurants, bars and shopping. A Kimpton Hotel will open across the street from Onesto in 2016.
2. Historic Milwaukee Space – Built in 1895, the Onesto space is spectacular. Windows look out onto Broadway, the Third Ward’s main drag.
3. Unique Catering from Top Restaurants – The owners of Onesto, which specializes in Itallain cusine, also own some of Milwaukee’s top restaurants (Swig, Smoke Shack, Water Buffalo, etc.). Catering is available from each of them.