Editor’s Note: We recently updated this Milwaukee wedding ideas article, so please check it out!
One big bonus of our job is we get to see several cool Milwaukee weddings. And we LOVE seeing more and more couples showcasing their Milwaukee love at their weddings. Here’s some of the more fun ideas we’ve come across. We’d love to hear your fun ideas too – just leave us a comment at the end of the article.
1. Take a wedding (or engagement) photo on the Summerfest Sky Glider
If you love Summerfest then why the hell not? Photo by KB Image Photography.
2. Have your entire wedding reception at a Brewers Game
Yep, this couple’s reception was a Brewers Game at Miller Park. Photo by Front Room Photography.
3. Get your favorite Milwaukee beer or spirit and do a unity cocktail
Nothing brings you together like alcohol, right? And feel free to involve the family in the mixology too. Photos by Andy Stenz Photography.
4. Incorporate Milwaukee into your wedding invitations
Love these invitations by Broadway Paper with the Milwaukee skyline as well as the couple’s venue, The Pfister Hotel, printed on them. A great way to showcase our city!
5. Use Milwaukee photos as your table numbers
These historical Milwaukee photos were from a Milwaukee Historical Society wedding, but you could find your own online and make them pretty easily. Photo by Woodnote Photography
6. Get the Miller Park sausages to come to Your reception
This is a cool idea and the kids will love it. $100 per sausage will get them there. Photo by Andy Stenz Photography.
7. Have a Milwaukee County Judge as your officiant
There’s a few Milwaukee County judges that are officiants. We’ve seen Judge Derek Mosley in action and he does a great job.
8. Skip the guestbook and Use a Brewers or Packers jersey instead
Top photo by Front Room Photography; Bottom photo by JBe Photography.
9. Take some wedding photos with your favorite Milwaukee beer
If you’re a beer-lover then why not? This wedding loved their Milwaukee Brewing Company beers. Photo by Studio 29.
10. Get a Milwaukee food truck to cater your wedding or supply a late night snack
Food trucks can be a lot of fun at your wedding. Some of them will even cater the whole thing!
11. Let your guests enjoy some cupcake push pops from Classy Girl Cupcakes
These are portable and make for great wedding favors! Photo by KB Image Photography.
12. Use Milwaukee Home for just about anything because they are awesome
Seriously, what better way to showcase your Milwaukee love? Check out their shop for favors, wardrobe, decorations and more. Left photo by JBe Photography.
13. Head over to Bastille Days (or any street festival) for photos you’ll love
Just make sure the festivals don’t cause problems for you or your guests – here’s a few dates to watch out for. Photo by JBe Photography.
14. Use old school beer decorations at your wedding reception
This can work even better if you’re using a venue like Pabst Best Place. Photo by Type A Images.
15. Do your rehearsal dinner at a hot Milwaukee restaurant like Swig or Trocadero
16. Use Cream City Rickshaw for you and your guests’ transportation
Your guests will get a great view of Milwaukee and it’s something totally unique and cool. Photo by KB Image Photography.
17. Bring in the Trinity Irish Dancers for a show your guests will love
18. Incorporate some Milwaukee coffee into your big day
We have a ton of quality coffee roasters in town, and some of them even let you have your reception in their spaces. Photo by JBe Photography.
19. Go Pack Go!
Photos by KB Image Photography.
20. Take a photo under the Pabst sign
Photo by JBe Photography.
21. Get some AJ Bombers burgers for a late night snack
OMG, this sounds like a delicious idea.
22. Take a photo of your dress on something very Milwaukee
There’s a lot of options here, so be creative. Bronze Fonz anyone? Photo by M Three Studio.
23. Create a signature wedding cocktail
Hey, it’s Wisconsin and we like to drink. And we know a guy that can help out with this. Photo by Boutique Photographer Linda Gumieny.
24. Make sure your groomsmen look their best with a visit to Stag Barbershop
The guys will love it and look great. Photos by Studio 29.
25. Provide a taste of Milwaukee to your guests through From Milwaukee With Love
Delicious treats from Milwaukee companies – your guests will love it!
26. Take photos at the spot of your first date
This is a great idea that I wished we would of done for our wedding. Photo by Andy Stenz Photography.