Budgeting for your wedding can be a difficult process. For help, take a look at the cost breakdown of this $19,000 Milwaukee wedding.
This is the fourth in a series of articles on real wedding budgets. This wedding shows how you can get a great wedding at an awesome Milwaukee venue by finding deals and making a few things yourself.
To help with your wedding budgeting, make sure to read through our previous featured weddings of $25,000 and $50,000 and $5,000.
Comparing Wedding Budgets
Remember that not all wedding budgets are created equal, so use caution when comparing them. For example, this couple knew their photographer and got a discounted rate. They also did some things themselves, such as invitations and centerpieces, saving them a considerable amount of money.
- Number of Guests: 156
- Ceremony: Best Place at the Historic Pabst Brewery
- Reception: Best Place at the Historic Pabst Brewery
- Total Costs: $18,955 (not including honeymoon)
Wedding Essentials ($1,735):
- Flowers: $650 (7 bouquets, 12 boutonnieres, 7 corsages, 1 toss bouquet, alter flowers)
- Centerpieces: $0 (DIY)
- Invitations: $0 (DIY gift from family)
- Save The Date Cards: $75
- Programs: $65 (DIY)
- Wedding Cake: $370
- Wedding Photographer: $575 (Discounted friend-of-the-bride rate)
Reception and Ceremony Costs ($10,570):
- Ceremony: $0 (Included in Best Place’s rental fee)
- Officiant: $195 (Reverend Nichole Baird)
- Canopy Rental: $800
- Reception Venue: $2,625 (All day rental, included ceremony)
- Food: $4,000 (Family style dinner and cake cutting/serving fee)
- Drinks: $2,000 (Complimentary beer and soda)
- DJ: $500
- Extra Chair Rental: $300
- Table Numbers, Menu Board, Card Box, Guest Book, Cake Topper: $150
Attire, Jewelry and Beauty ($5,260):
- Dress and Alterations: $1,500
- Veil: $0 (Borrowed from Maid of Honor)
- Groom’s Tux: $0 (Free with 10 other groomsmen rentals)
- Bride and Groom Wedding Bands: $3,400
- Hair, make-up nails (including trials): $150
- Bride’s Jewelry: $130
- Brides Shoes: $80 (Heels and dancing shoes)
Other Costs ($1,390):
- Rehearsal Dinner: $600 (Used Best Place and brought own food)
- Gifts for Wedding Party: $300
- Gifts for Parents: $80
- Wedding Favors: $150 (Personalized can koozies)
- Spa Day for Bride and Maid of Honor: $260
Honeymoon ($3,600 – Not Included in Total)
- Curacao for 1 week : $3,600 (Not included in total)
Special thanks to the bride and groom, Lexy and Jake, for sharing how to pull off a great Milwaukee wedding for $19,000 and to Greatest Story Photography for supplying the pictures!
Adam J. says
Hey don’t forget the transportation, Limousines usually have a three hour minimum and range from $70.00 per hour all the way up to $250.00 per hour depending on the amount of passengers and type of vehicle. Milwaukee has some rare exotic one of a kind vehicles that you can’t rent anywhere else in the country and in one incidence (Badger State Limousine Service) anywhere else in the entire world. Their Infiniti Q45 stretch Limousine is the only one of it’s kind in existence and makes for a very interesting back drop for your photos. There are other exotic vehicle options as well for your special day.