So you just got engaged and you’re stressing out? Relax, the average time between the engagement and your wedding day is a year or more. You’ve got some time so have some fun with your planning. Check out some of the ideas below for a guaranteed good time.
1. Announce your engagement at a Brewers tailgate
Sure, you’ll call your parents right away – but save the fun announcement for your friends and of course, the Brewers! Photo by Boutique Photographer Linda Gumieny.
2. Have an engagement party at The View at Evolution
The View at Evolution is a great spot for your engagement party. It’s an amazing rooftop space right in the middle of the nightlife on Old World Third Street. Any yes, you can have your wedding there too! Photos by Little Giant Photography.
3. Tour Milwaukee-centric venues
Spots like the Harley-Davidson Museum, The Pfister and The Pritzlaff Building are so Milwaukee it’s crazy. When you tour these wedding venues, make sure to ask about their history – some have outstanding stories! Photo by Boutique Photographer Linda Gumieny.
4. Take engagement photos in the Third Ward
5. Also take a Milwaukee-inspired save the date photo
If you’re sending out save the dates (or even posting them on Facebook) do something Milwaukee-inspired like this one. Photo by Reminisce Studio by Miranda & Adam
6. Ask your BFFs to be in your wedding party – perhaps over drinks?
It’s great to do this one-on-one and in person. Give them hugs and maybe a gift card or bottle of wine to make it extra special. Photo by JBe Photography at the Harley-Davidson Museum.
7. Organize a “planning” pub crawl at the Lowlands Group restaurants
Make a wedding planning night of it – you, your fiance and some friends. Stop by each place (Cafe Hollander, Cafe Benelux and Cafe Centraal) for drinks and apps and talk about your big day. They do weddings and rehearsal dinners too. Photos by Scott Starr.
8. Social shop for a wedding dress at Miss Ruby Boutique
Miss Ruby’s location in the Pritzlaff Building makes it perfect to “social shop.” Bring your bridesmaids, find a dress then walk to dinner in the Third Ward. It will be an awesome night, we promise 🙂 Photo by Front Room Photography.
9. Tag along to your bridesmaids’ dress fittings
You love hanging out with your bridesmaids, so why not? Take them out to dinner after the fittings for a fun night. Photo by KB Image Photography.
10. DJ, band or both? Check them out live and decide for yourself
If you look hard enough, you’ll probably be able to find some DJs and bands playing clubs when they aren’t doing weddings. ACA Entertainment has a good list of some events to check out. Photo of the North Coast Orchestra courtesy of ACA Entertainment.
11. Are you hungry yet? Check out potential caterers
If you’re looking for a wedding caterer make sure to do tastings with your top choices – and go in hungry! Photo courtesy of Antigua Catering.
12. Do even more cake and dessert tastings!
13. Visit some Milwaukee shops for your wedding registry
Sure, there’s the big chains out there that make registries really easy, but you can get way cooler stuff from local Milwaukee shops. Here’s a few Milwaukee gift ideas to get you started. Photos by Studio 29 Photography.
14. Search for Milwaukee-themed wedding party gifts
15. Do a trial hair and makeup session
Yes, this is fun but it’s also important. Make sure to test out your look for one of the biggest days of your life. Check out wedding hair and makeup vendors here. Photo by Andy Stenz Photography, hair/makeup by Roots Salon. Model: Erin Leigh Pribyl
16. Take super-sexy, Milwaukee-themed boudoir shots
Your future hubby will love it! Several of these Milwaukee wedding photographers also do boudoir, so check them out! Photo by Nikki Winter Photography
17. Have an awesome, no-holds-barred bachelorette party
18. Get married and start your new, exciting life together
This is what it’s all about folks! All your ‘fun’ planning led up to this big day so be sure to enjoy it with the love of your life 🙂 Photo by John Ciciora Photography.