Whew… we are only into 2020 a little over half way it feels like an entire lifetime has passed. In the spirit of looking forward to a more positive future (it will come, we promise!), we decided to look back over the past months of 2020 and see what our Instagram audience found most engaging. The future is bright y’all… keep the faith and enjoy these highlights from the past few month.
Listed in order of the “most engaging,” we curated this list through our Married In Milwaukee Instagram feed insights and pulling those that had the most “engagement” which includes posts that had the most comments, shares, saves and likes.
1. Black Is Beautiful – @amariephotos
An appropriate most engaging photo so far in 2020 — this beautiful Black Is Beautiful floral installation was curated by the local florist artist collective: MKE Seen to bring light, joy and encourage donations to the America’s Black Holocaust Museum in Milwaukee. Photo by Amarie Photography.
2. Perspective at the Art Museum – @autumnsilvaphotography
3. St. James 1868’s Outdoor Terrace – @stjames1868
Wow is about all we can say about St. James 1868. And it looks like our Instagram followers love their outdoor, elevated terrace that can be used for cocktail hours, wedding ceremonies and tented events.
4. Black Owned Wedding Vendors – @kbattlephotography
This article featuring some of Milwaukee’s top Black owned wedding vendors was one of our most popular articles so far in 2020. So it’s no wonder why this amazing photo by kbattlephotography brought in as much Insta love as it did!
5. Kissing Cops – @gloss_by_jaci_ruben
This couple had an arresting good time with their wedding photos – and even more meaningful, one of the brides is MPD! Photo by Gloss Photography Studios.
6. Let’s Hear it for #MKEGrooms – @opiaphotoco
Brides tend to get all the love, but not this time!! Check out these dapper #MKEGrooms on the Atrium rooftop. Photo by Opia Photo Co.
7. Walking Through MKE – @lottie.lillian
This couple is just walking through Milwaukee with that just married swagger. Photo by Lottie Lillian Photography.
8. Happy Milwaukee Day! – @roostmke
Oh we love this photo so much!! This was from a photo shoot we did for The Venue at Milwaukee Brewing Co. and uses The People’s Flag of Milwaukee and the 414 Milwaukee Flag. Photo by Roost Photography.
9. MKE Seen Floral Display – @amariephotos
The second Insta on this list from MKE Seen – a collective of local floral artists advocating for meaningful change through public art to honor and broadcast solidarity with Milwaukee’s Black communities. Photo by Amarie Photography.
10. Good City Awesomeness – @themcniels
11. The Rooftop at Vista – @vistamke
12. Tushy Tuesday – @buxomboudoir
This post asked if any #MKECouples were considering the uplifting and empowering experience of a Boudoir photo shoot. From the engagement it got we hope several decided to do it!! Photo by Buxom Boudoir.
13. Amazing Bridal Bouquet – @feistyflowers
14. Making Out in MKE – @lottie.lillian
Milwaukee looks good…whatever weather she wears. And a happily married couple making out doesn’t hurt the look either. Photo by Photo by Lottie Lillian Photography.
15. Third Ward Crossings – @mkujphoto
We love the Historic Third Ward for wedding photos!! And this one from Michelle Kujawski Photography is amazing!.
16. Is it 5 O’Clock Yet?? – @roostmke
17. The New Saint Kate – @citrinepinephoto
We can’t wait for our future stay at the Saint Kate Arts Hotel! We had to postpone our wedding anniversary stay there in March 2020, but it is top of our list once this is over! Photo by Citrine Pine Photo
18. This View Never Gets Old – @mkujphoto
We are SO LUCKY to have the lakefront and it’s many opportunities for amazing wedding photos like this one from Michelle Kujawski Photography.
19. Amazingly Cool and Gorgeous! – @cherideniseevents
20. So Much Happy! – @autumnsilvaphotography
We love happy #MKECouples and so do our Instagram followers! Photo by Autumn Silva Photography.
21. H-E-L-L-O MILWAUKEE!! – @catherinewinkelmanphotos
There’s so much #MKELove out there it’s insane!! Stop by Finks and take your own photo by this awesome sign. Photo by Catherine Winkelman Photography.
22. Hanging at Harley – @thepaperelephant
23. Greetings from Milwaukee – @happygnome77
We have been obsessed with the “Greetings From Milwaukee, Wisconsin” mural since it was created in the Deer District by the Fiserv Forum! Photo by Happy Gnome Photography
24. Museum Make Out – @roostmke
25. Gotta Love Amazing Floral – @feistyflowers
26. Yes, Insta LOVES flowers – @bellefiorimke
27. Happy 420! – @twinlensweddings
28. Being in Love is Fun – @gloss_by_jaci_ruben
Yes, being in love in Milwaukee is a damn good time! Photo by Gloss Photography Studios.
29. Black Lives Matter – @marriedinmke
Not much else can be said about this – but we love that our Instagram followers support the #BLM movement as much as we do.
30. Celebrate Every Day – @roostmke
Seriously, it’s 2020 and we need to stay happy and celebrate every day! Photo by Roost Photography.
31. Strange Times Indeed – @lottie.lillian
This was our first post about COVID – we put it out on March 17th, 2020. We tried to convey a sense of hope for the future stating that “this too shall pass” and sending #MKECouples to meet the Married In Milwaukee Family of wedding vendors. We still have hope, love and are excited for the future – big weddings and celebrations will happen again soon and we can’t wait! Photo by Lottie Lillian Photography.