If you hang out in downtown Milwaukee, you likely have heard of Classy Girl Cupcakes. Their downtown location right off of Cathedral Square Park has been around since 2009 and they’ve been busy ever since.
Many people may be familiar with Classy Girl’s yummy cupcakes, but they also have recently added an experienced wedding cake designer to their team. Cupcakes and wedding cakes – the best of both worlds!
The Classy Girl Difference
Erica Elia, owner of Classy Girl Cupcakes had a lot to say about what differentiates her from other cupcakeries in town.
- Made from Scratch. All of Classy Girl’s cupcakes are made from scratch ingredients. A little known fact is that some bakeries use pre-made mixes – not Classy Girl Cupcakes.
- Natural Ingredients. Classy Girl Cupcakes does not use any fondant or gum paste. Some feel this may limit design elements, but Erica feels strongly that the flavor is of utmost importance.
- Provide Displays. Classy Girl has a plethora of displays available for you to choose from for your wedding. From large table displays to individual table centerpieces. Using cupcakes as your centerpiece can be a great way to limit costs associated with your reception decorations.
- Cheesecake Cupcakes. From Salted Caramel Cashew, Nutter Butter and Mint Mojito, the cheesecake flavors are endless!
- Reasonable Prices. Depending on the cupcake flavor and design, they range from about $2.00 and up per cupcake. At this price you can consider giving your guests more than one cupcake. Classy Girl Cupcakes offers options to package leftovers for your guests to take home too.
- Unique Options. Classy Girl offers cool and unique items such as cupcake push pops, as featured below. These mini cupcakes, frosting, and sprinkles are layered into air tight push pop containers, making for a very portable way to eat frosting layered cake. Ingenious! Some couples even use these as wedding favors for their guests.
Classy Girl Wedding Cakes
Classy Girl understands that sometimes a wedding cake is more what a couple is looking for. Samantha, Classy Girl’s cake designer, recently joined the team to bring her culinary skills to decorating wedding cakes. The cakes are also made from scratch just like the cupcakes and are quite reasonable in comparison to other wedding cake bakeries in town.
Some brides who still want to do the traditional wedding cake cutting opt to get a cutting cake. Consider this option if you want to follow tradition but really want the advantage of individual cupcakes for your guests.
Check out some of these beautiful wedding cakes that Classy Girl made just for Married In Milwaukee’s visit.
For more info on using Classy Girl for your wedding cupcakes, wedding cakes or both, check out their website at www.classygirlcupcakes.com
Big thanks to KB Image Photography for the fantastic and deliciously captured images.