When shopping for your wedding dress in Milwaukee, you don’t need to go far to find the dress you love and a local shop that matches your personality.
One of the things I found most exciting when doing this wedding dress feature was all 6 Married In Milwaukee Family Member shops we featured are owned by amazing women.
Each has their own story, a love for weddings and a passion for helping brides find just the right dress. Big thanks to Front Room Photography for the awesome photos featured in this article.
Miss Ruby Bridal Boutique – Erin Thull
Miss Ruby Boutique has been open for 8+ years and was one of the first bridal shops to open in the heart of downtown Milwaukee. They have recently relocated to a larger space in the 2nd floor of The Pritzlaff Building.
Erin Thull, owner of Miss Ruby, along with her mother’s partnership, wanted to bring a dress boutique with a relaxed and inviting atmoshpere. Starting as a bridesmaid dress boutique, they have grown into one of Milwaukee’s most beloved bridal shops.
Miss Ruby Boutique: Quick Facts
- Price Range: $900 – $3,000 / Average Price $1,600
- Size Range: Try on in Store: 8 – 14; can order sizes 0 – 24
- Dress Styles: Quality fabric and construction, not overly embellished, made from luxurious material
- Additional Tip: Miss Ruby has an extensive selection of bridesmaids dresses and carries locally made bridal accessories including Jaxie (bridal belts / head pieces) and Kara Marie (Swarovski crystal items).
- Erin’s Favorite part of her shop: “My favorite part of the store is not something you can touch. It’s about the experience. We have an amazing team that supports each other and makes all customers feel so special. Our team truly cares about helping our customers find the dress of their dreams – whether it’s a bridal gown, bridesmaid dresses or mother of occasion. That’s my favorite!”
Bliss Bridal – Lydia Doyle
Bliss Bridal, located in Brookfield, has been open since 2009, but its real start happened in 2002 when owner Lydia Doyle was a junior in high school.
This young teenage girl found a missing niche of high style, affordable prom gowns. At 16 years old, Lydia created an LLC , purchased 12 dresses, sold them and going forward used prior sale profits to expand her operation to what we see today.
Bliss Bridal: Quick Facts
- Price Range: $600 – $6,000 / Average Price $1,500
- Size Range: Try on in Store: 2 – 32 with 2 plus size collections
- Dress Styles: Designs that are trendy without having you regret your choice ten years from now
- Additional Tip: Bliss Bridal has large try on spaces with ample room for your entourage of family and friends
- Lydia’s favorite part of her shop: “Well, that is a challenging question. I love a lot of aspects. I guess the pick-up room. I feel like most people assume finding your dress is the most special moment. However, trying on the dress you’ll be wearing down the aisle for the very first time is a moment you cannot replicate.”
Stone Manor Bridal – Kate Iggens
Stone Manor Bridal has been in business for 14 amazing years. Located in Grafton’s quaint downtown (there’s even a Colectivo Coffee next door!) it has a welcoming feel to it that puts you at ease with your wedding dress shopping experience.
Kate Iggens, having a desire to be in both the buying and selling in retail, decided bridal was the perfect fit. She loves developing relationships with all her brides and their family and friends.
Stone Manor Bridal: Quick Facts
- Price Range: $1,000 – $4,000 / Average Price $1,500
- Size Range: Try on in Store: 8 – 26; can order sizes 0 – 28
- Dress Styles: Many style of dresses are offered at the store, whether that is on trend, timeless, romantic or refined
- Additional Tip: Stone Manor has a dedicated area for groomsmen rentals too through their Wingman Formalwear offerings
- Kate’s favorite part of her shop: “Our Brides! They are fashionable with Midwest sensibility and humor. What more could you want?!?!”
White Dress Bridal Boutique – Christina Wegner
The White Dress is the newest bridal shop to enter the Milwaukee scene, having opened their doors in August 2015. Their location, just across from Radio Milwaukee in the 5th Ward, can’t be beat and their shop is simply beautiful!
Christina Wegner opened White Dress to bring the bridal scene of New York and Paris to Milwaukee while marrying (pun intended) it with the friendly, know-your-neighbor, laid-back vibe for which Milwaukee is internationally known for.
White Dress: Quick Facts
- Price Range: $1,500 – $6,000+ / Average Price $2,900
- Size Range: Try on in Store: 6-26; can order sizes 0-32
- Dress Styles: High fashion designs from unique and creative fashion designers including Grecian-inspired gowns, flowy frocks, bridal jumpsuits and ball gowns
- Additional Tip: White Dress carries accessory pieces from Milwaukee’s own Lizzibeth and Abby Janiszewski and weekly floral displays from Milwaukee Flower Company
- Christina’s favorite part of her shop: “I love that brides have so much FUN at our boutique! Our team is wholly invested in making each bride’s dream come true long before that moment when she finds her dream dress. Each appointment is individualized to meet the needs and desires of the bride… we are here for her in every way!”
Amelishan – Shannon Marquardt
Amelishan Bridal is located just northwest of Milwaukee in Richfield near Holy Hill and they are celebrating 20 years in business! The space they occupy is very spacious and perfect for brides making a fitting appointment with their friends and family.
Having been initially started by Shannon’s mom, it is truly a family run business with Shannon’s sister and husband also working there as well. They bring that comfortable family feel when helping their brides, grooms and family.
Amelishan: Quick Facts
- Price Range: $199 – $2,900 / Average Price $1,200
- Size Range: Try on in Store: 8 – 30W; 100 size 18 – 30W dresses available to try on
- Dress Styles: Amelishan carries 600 dresses in store and designers that know how to flatter a woman’s body
- Additional Tip: Amelishan has men’s formalwear offerings, extensive bridesmaid dresses as well as a dedicated section for the Mother of the Bride / Groom
- Shannon’s favorite part of her shop: “My favorite part of the store is the people within it. Our stylists are an extension of Amelishan Bridal and they do an amazing job working with our customers, making them feel welcomed in our “home.” And can I also say that I love our chandeliers! It’s so much fun working in a girly and beautiful environment!”
Bucci’s Bridal – Melissa Bucci
Bucci’s Bridal has been opened for about two years and located in Pewaukee to serve Lake Country and Milwaukee area brides. This intimate shop maximizes the use of their space with the cutest sliding doors for their fitting rooms.
Melissa opened her shop due to her love for all things weddings.
Bucci’s Bridal: Quick Facts
- Price Range: $1,200 – $2,600 / Average Price $1,400
- Size Range: 10 – 18
- Dress Styles: A mix of classic, romantic and some trending styles
- Additional Tip: Bucci’s Bridal, if you noticed, has a mascot dog. Squeeeee!
- Melissa’s favorite part of her shop: “I love meeting new brides and hearing everyone’s story. I love introducing my clients to new bridal trends.”