Yes, weddings are expensive. But costs can vary based on a number of factors, such as quality of vendors, locations, extras, discounts and more.
This is the second in a series of articles on real wedding budgets and shows the cost breakdown of a real Milwaukee wedding.
This wedding comes in at over $50,000 whereas our previous wedding was about $25,000.
Kimberly and John sent us this wedding cost breakdown. Kimberly works at Neroli Salon and Spa and I met her when I was researching an article about wedding hair. Lucky for me she was getting married in a few weeks and agreed let us use her cost breakdowns to help out other Milwaukee brides. Thanks Kimberly!!
Comparing Cost Breakdowns
When comparing these breakdowns to your wedding budget, make sure to look at each item and try and compare apples-to-apples. For example, this wedding breakdown includes a honeymoon budget of $9,500, whereas our previous featured wedding didn’t.
In addition, some wedding budgets can include special discounts. In this case, Kimberly got a discount on her hair and makeup as well as a discounted price on her dress. Take note, brides, the art of negotiation is alive and well!
- Number of Guests: 240
- Ceremony and Reception: Golden Mast Inn
- Total Costs: $51,000+
Wedding Essentials ($6,950):
- Flowers: $3,200
- Invitations: $650
- Wedding Cake: $450
- Wedding Photographer: $2,500
- Engagement Photographer: $150
Reception and Ceremony Costs ($16,850):
- Venue/Food/Drinks: $15,000 (Served beer, wine, champagne, and filet dinner. Includes ceremony setup/rental and reception setup/rental)
- DJ: $1,100
- Linens: $600
- DIY Menus, Table Numbers and Thank You Cards for Tables: $150 (cost of paper)
Attire, Jewelry and Beauty ($14,765):
- Dress and Accessories: $1,265 (includes dress, belt, shoes, veil, alterations and jewelry)
- Bride and Groom Wedding Bands: $13,000
- Bride’s Hair and Makeup: $100 (discounted)
- Spa for Bride, Mom and Maid of Honor: $300
- Ring Bearer/Flower Girl Attire: $100
Other Costs ($3,655):
- Rehearsal Dinner and Venue: $1,000
- Hotel Suite: $500 (2 days)
- Gifts for Wedding Party/Personal Attendants: $870
- Favors for Guests: $285 (Sprecher root beer and cream soda)
- Estimated Other Costs: $1,000 (hair/make up trials, dresses for shower/rehearsal, parents’ gifts, etc.)
- Fiji for 12 Days: $9,500
As you can see from this article and our previous one, the cost of a wedding in Milwaukee can vary greatly. My best advice is to do your research and make sure you’re spending money on what’s important to you and your spouse. In the end your wedding is one day, but the memories you create will last a lifetime!
Special thanks to Kimberly and John for sharing their spectacular wedding and to Ari Rosenthal Photography for supplying these awesome pictures!
- Miller Park Wedding for $60K
- A Real $25K Milwaukee Wedding Budget
- Average Cost of a Milwaukee Wedding
- Wedding Catering Prices
- Wedding Photography Prices