It’s no secret, we love weddings at the Harley-Davidson Museum®. It doesn’t get much more Milwaukee than Harley, and the best part is they have multiple wedding venues with varying styles to choose from.
A big thanks to the Harley-Davidson Museum for sponsoring this article and providing such an awesome space for weddings! Read on to learn more about the Museum’s campus and each of their four amazing wedding venues.
About The H-D Museum’s Campus
The Harley-Davidson Museum campus consists of several buildings and outdoor spaces. Options are available to have your rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony and reception all on campus.
The added bonus of free parking and amazing photo opportunities adds to the allure of the H-D Museum.
Virtual Tours of H-D Museum Venues
You’ll really see how awesome the H-D Museum is by watching these virtual tours of their main wedding venues. Also check out their virtual tours of the entire campus – this place is amazing!
MOTOR Bar & Restaurant
1. MOTOR® Bar & Restaurant – Great for Rehearsal Dinners
MOTOR is the restaurant at the H-D Museum where you’ll find great food and awesome decor. MOTOR can accommodate around 200 people, so it works great for rehearsal dinners and bridal showers.
MOTOR is a great benefit to the H-D Museum campus and is often visited by wedding guests. You and your guests will love it as a spot to stop in for drinks during downtime on your wedding day. It’s also a great spot to have lunch before your ceremony or reception. View MOTOR’s virtual tour.
2. The Garage – A Cool, Industrial Feel
The Garage is cool – its exposed duct work and polished cement floors give it a unique, industrial look. The space fits up to 450 guests for the couple looking for that crisp, clean aesthetic for their wedding.
The Garage is the type of space that you can dress up, or dress down, depending on your wedding’s style. And by all means, don’t forget about the three glass retractable doors to make it an indoor/outdoor space.
Also note that the Museum sometimes holds exhibits in the space, so chat with your coordinator early to ensure it’s available for your date. View The Garage’s virtual tour.
3. Rumble – Ceremonies and Intimate Receptions
Hidden away on the second floor above MOTOR, you’ll find Rumble. Rumble is a modern space, with silver and grey throughout and can hold up to 250 for a sit down dinner. It’s also a wide room with high ceilings, so it can accommodate different configurations and works great for wedding ceremonies.
One of our favorite things about Rumble is its east-facing floor to ceiling windows. These windows make for an awesome view of downtown, Walker’s Point and the Menomonee River.
It’s especially beautiful at night when downtown’s lights are shining. Consider your wedding ceremony next to the windows for a spectacular view when you say your I Do’s. View Rumble’s virtual tour.
4. Chrome – A Seasonal Tent-Like Space
We’ve done an article on the H-D Museum’s Chrome before, and love the space. If you’re looking for a unique tent-like wedding close to downtown, look no further. Chrome is seasonal, and is open 180 days out of the year.
Chrome offers a capacity of 450 for a sit down dinner. The structure also has a movable wall that can separate the space into two areas. This can work great for separate cocktail/dinner sections, and each separated space has a capacity of 200. View Chrome’s virtual tour.
Additional Benefits of an H-D Museum Wedding
The benefits of a Harley-Davidson Museum wedding go further beyond its varying spaces and close proximity to downtown and hip area hotels.
- Tables, chairs, basic black linens and dance floor are included in your rental.
- Free and easily-accessible parking.
- Vouchers for free admission to the Harley Davidson Museum for all of your guests.
- Food and drink options are plentiful and can be accommodating of varying likes and dietary needs.
- Indoor and outdoor spaces exist and can be used in conjunction, including an outdoor ceremony. Work with your wedding coordinator to talk about the options available for your day.
- Don’t worry about the details as you’ll be working with Alex Derenne, who’s focus is on making your wedding an unforgettable event.
Connect with the H-D Museum on Facebook
Follow the H-D Museum on Twitter
- Harley-Davidson Museum Virtual Tours
- H-D Museum Digital Brochure
- Secret Photo Spots at the H-D Museum