These two beer-lovers from California booked Best Place at the Historic Pabst Brewery site unseen. And they couldn’t be happier.
For just under $27,000 they had a great wedding and utilized several of the spaces at Best Place. In addition, they brought in some amazing vendors to make the whole day rock.
MIM Family Used
As always, we were excited to hear they used several Married In Milwaukee Family Members, including:
- Photos: Little Giant Photography
- Floral: Jaimer’s Floral
- DJ: Accent Events
- Venue: Best Place at the Historic Pabst Brewery
Quick Facts – Best Place at the Pabst Brewery Wedding:
- Number of Guests: 86
- Ceremony/Reception: Best Place at the Historic Pabst Brewery
- Total Costs: $26,713
Wedding Essentials ($4,407):
- Invitations/Stationery: $0 (designed by a friend)
- Cake/Cupcakes: $385
- Photographer: $2,745
- Flowers: $1,277
Reception and Ceremony Costs ($13,190):
- Ceremony/Reception: $3,250 (included the courtyard and Blue Ribbon Hall)
- Food: $5,980
- Drinks: $2,370 (included: open bar with beer and whiskey)
- DJ: $1,590
- Officiant: $0 (friend)
Attire, Jewelry and Beauty ($6,662):
- Dress: $1,236 (Alfred Angelo)
- Bride’s Shoes: $128
- Groom’s Attire: $600
- Rings: $4,550
- Hair and Make-up: $148
Other Costs ($2,454):
- Rehearsal Dinner: $618 (Ian’s Pizza – all guests invited)
- Wedding Party Gifts: $890 (personalized beer and liquor, jewelry and handbags)
- Favors: $438 (jelly bellies, personalized coasters, Pabst lip balm)
- Hotel Suite $358
- Jewelry: $150 (necklace)
Honeymoon ($5,000 – Not Included in Total)
- Honeymoon in Nicaragua: $5,000
A Note from the Bride and Groom
We asked the bride and groom to tell us about their planning and budgeting process, and this is what they had to say:
Identifying a venue with a lot of character was very important to us. We researched a list of venues from afar (since we live in California), and booked The Best Place, sight unseen. It was an amazing choice.
The Best Place provided outstanding recommendations, and made sure the day was stress free. We were able to use the courtyard and Blue Ribbon Hall. The Hall has a lot of history, and is a great location for beer lovers like ourselves. It was a great size for our wedding too!
In order to capture our day, we wanted to make sure our photographer was a great fit. Little Giant Photography was very helpful in planning our day and making sure the special moments are now photographic memories. We LOVE the pictures and could not be happier.
Similarly, Accent Events did a great job of keeping the party going. The Scottish DJ got to know our guests, and chose music accordingly. Friends and family were dancing throughout the night.
The Food and Cake:
We also wanted to personalize the food experience, although we knew the cost could sky rocket quickly. Saz’s did a great job of working with our budget. We had a Wisconsin and California themed food station. Eat Cake! also used our favorite beer in the cupcakes.
It truly was the best day!!
– Debbie and Ben, The Bride and Groom
A BIG thanks to the bride and groom for sharing their awesome Best Place at the Pabst Brewery wedding and to Little Giant Photography for the photos!
If you’re currently working on your wedding budget, make sure to read through our previous articles featuring real Milwaukee wedding cost breakdowns.
- A $20K Pabst Brewery Wedding
- A Look at the Great Hall at Best Place
- Where to Buy Your Wedding Dress in Milwaukee